· Also, when plugging in the USB cable, be sure to plug it into the Back USB port (desktop) not the front or thru a hub as these ports are weaker. If all else fails, the adapter has failed. try something like this: Amazon.com: AGPtek SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Cable for Hard Drive Disk HDD 2.5, Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0/3 ...
· I have a USB 2.0 IDE/SATA cable/interface, (HW-338?), which gets detected by my Win XP (SP3) system, but is declared as an unknown device. Therefore, an IDE or SATA drive plugged into it are not seen. (The drives do run up ok, via the separate power supply). No driver cd was supplied with the...
Several years ago I purchased a set of "USB to IDE or SATA adapter cables" made by StarTech.com. I used them several time on my old Windows XP computer but I never tried them on my Windows 7 computer until now.
The USB 2.0 to SATA / IDE Cable allows you to connect SATA or IDE devices to your computer via USB port, a very useful tool for data transfer, backup and cloning. The Hi-Speed USB interface provides an easy plug-and-play installation. It supports all SATA / IDE devices such as CD ROM, DVD ROM, CD-RW, DVD RW, Combo drive, 2.5 inch hard disk and 3.5 hard disk. This new version USB 2.0-IDE cable ...
· ⦁ If you're using a USB port to connect Yes both 2.0 and 3.0 - neither show the drive ⦁ The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this ⦁ link. Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 Build 15063.0
· So I purchased a SATA to USB harness. Part number NULUSB3-55SATA. When plugged into the Windows 10 it is seen in Device Manager as ASMT 2105. The disk is seen in Disk Manager but says invalid Disk Pack. (But it is an NTFS formatted disk). The packaging from www.newlinkproducts.co.uk only lists XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
· Amazon.com: AnkerÂ® USB 3.0 to SATA 3ft Converter Adapter Cable for 2.5 inch/3.5 inch Hard Drive Disk HDD and SSD, Power Adapter included: Electronics NOTE: For 2.5" HD/SSD. You don't need to use the external power adapter & this converter is backward compatible with USB 2.0
USB 2.0 to SATA / IDE Converter Adapter The USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE combo adapter allows users to use IDE or SATA hard drives over a USB 2.0 connection. It works with most IDE (up to ATA 133) and SATA 1.0a devices. This device provides a simple, yet powerful data transfer and backup solution.
We never miss the music till the sweet-voiced bird has flown.